Court of Protection

If someone does not have the capacity to understand and manage their own affairs an application can be made to the Court of Protection which is a specialist Court to authorise the appointment of a Deputy to take over that responsibility.

Such responsibility can include Health and Welfare decisions, financial matters and property.

A Deputy can be a relative or close friend or be a professional appointment (ie. Solicitor / Accountant).

Deputy Services we can assist you with:

  • Understanding the process
  • Application
  • Court Fees/administration

More information

Please do not hesitate to telephone us for more detailed information.

Related news

Antonio Fallanca
Partner - Head of Wills, Trusts and Probate
01582 667711
Duncan Strachan
Solicitor - Wills, Trusts and Probate
01462 814824
Tracy Bates
Executive - Wills, Trusts and Probate
01582 667711
Sara  Taylor
Wills, Trusts and Probate Manager
01582 667711