If you have been the blameless victim of a violent crime within the last 2 years then you may be entitled to compensation under the government funded Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. The scheme also provides compensation for individuals who have suffered mental or physical injury as a result of sexual abuse.
We can assist in advising whether you are eligible for compensation and make an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) on your behalf. We offer a “No win, No fee” funding arrangement for eligible claims.
In order to qualify:
- The incident must have occurred within the last 2 years
- You must have reported the incident to and cooperated with the Police
- You must have sought medical attention for your injury
- You must not have caused or contributed to the incident in which you were injured
- The CICA will also consider your character and whether you have any relevant criminal convictions before making an award
Contact our Dunstable office to discuss your potential claim.