Protection Against Violence, Harassment or Eviction by Partner or Spouse

Relationships can sadly sometimes involve controlling, cohesive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (whether psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional). It may well be possible to seek assistance from the Police, or an Order from the Civil Court to control that abusive behaviour.

We can advise you in relation to the options, and assist you in relation to any civil proceedings (unless you wanted legal aid in relation to them). Sometimes the proceedings can include an application for the other person to leave or to be excluded from your home. Sometimes though a warning letter from us can achieve the necessary result without the need for Court proceedings.

For more information see our library section.