The breakdown of a relationship can be one of the most traumatic periods of anyone’s life.
At Knowles Benning we are used to advising clients in difficult emotional situations. We offer sympathetic, personal and practical advice tailored to your individual circumstances and requirements.
Our experienced team are members of the Law Society’s Family Law Panel, Resolution and the Law Society’s Children’s Panel, and are able to assist you in the following areas:
- Divorce/Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Financial Matters on the breakdown of a marriage/civil partnership
- Pensions on divorce/dissolution of civil partnership
- Issues involving children, including Child Arrangements Orders (previously Residence/Custody and Contact/Access), removal from England and Parental Responsibility.
- Cohabitant property disputes
- Pre-marital (pre-nuptial) Agreements/Post-marital (Post-nuptial) Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements/Living Together Agreements
- Protection against violence, harassment or eviction by partner or spouse
Our flexible charging options allow you to obtain the support you need, whatever your financial circumstances.
A. Fixed Fee Divorce
The cost of undefended divorce is £1,050.00 inclusive of VAT and Court fee of £550.00. (An undefended divorce for these purposes is a divorce where there are no unforeseen problems in dealing with the other party). Financial settlement issues and children disputes are not included within this fee.
B. Cost Ceilings
We will agree an arrangement under which we will not charge you a sum above an agreed ceiling without advising you first that the ceiling has been reached and agreeing that we should continue. Cost ceilings are generally available for all types of family work.
C. Our standard hourly rate of charge
We believe you will find that our hourly charging rate is significantly lower than is commonly charged by our competitors and offers excellent value for money.
D. Discounted hourly rates
We offer a reduced hourly rates for those with lower incomes and modest savings. This reflects our commitment to helping people with their legal problems whenever we can, especially with the very significant cutbacks to legal aid that have occurred. For those with a total income of no more than £24,000 per annum before deductions and with no more than £10,000 in savings and investments we offer a reduced hourly rate of £110.00 plus VAT. Where a spouse/partner is not the other party in the case then the income and capital of that other person will also be taken into account in calculating eligibility.