Childcare Oders Solicitors

Care Proceedings and Child Care Orders

  1. Looking after children can be both stressful and rewarding. Sometimes parents are not always able to do the right thing by their children and this can lead the Local Authority to intervene.  Everybody would agree that if it is at all possible children should be brought up by their parents so long as they are able to provide good enough parenting.  It is important that your voice is heard.  We will encourage you to take an active part in the proceedings and to attend all relevant meetings and court hearings.  We can accompany you to Gateway meetings and provide advice on all aspects relating to the case in which you are involved.
  2. If the Local Authority Social Services Department have taken, or are threatening to take, proceedings in relation to your children you will be entitled to free assistance and representation in the proceedings, whether the Local Authority are seeking a Care Order or a Supervision Order.  If you are a grandparent or other family member, seeking to have the children in your care you may be eligible for legal aid, subject to your financial circumstances.
  3. We can advise you about Legal Aid and on how to deal with others who inevitably will be involved in your case.  We will listen carefully to what you have to say and give you firm advice as to what we believe is the best way forward at all times helping you to understand and take an active part in the process.

Contact us on 01582 798000

For more information visit the library.