Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are a first-time buyer or an investor, we are here to take the stress out of buying and selling a home. We will guide you through each step of the transaction and tailor our service to your personal requirements, so you get exactly the service you need.
When it comes to selling a property, there are important decisions you need to make and we are here to ensure that your all your legal obligations are met. There are lots of boxes to tick and we want to assist you in selling your house quickly and efficiently, leaving you free to move on to your next property.
We have an experienced team who understand the stresses involved in selling property. Our approach is a simple – we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking care of all the important legal details and removing any confusion and uncertainty from the process of selling a property.
Whether you are selling your property through an estate agent or privately, we will make everything as clear as possible. Our team are made up of highly qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives and Conveyancers who have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner.
We also recognise that communication is key, especially where there are complex issues to deal with, so will ensure you are always kept up-to-date and get answers to your questions in plain English.
We want you to feel confident that you are a priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have. We know property is often the biggest investment you have, so we want to offer a reliable, first-class service to protect that investment, while giving you value for money with no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold CQS Accreditations, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback to ensure we always offer good value for money. We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction.
If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Our fees are set out as:
Residential Sale (excludes shared ownership)
All fees exclusive of VAT and disbursements:
Price of Property
125,001 – 200,000
200,001 – 300,000
300,001 – 400,000
400,001 – 500,000
500,001 – 600,000
600,001 – 750,000
750,001 – 999,999
1 Million & Over
To Be Confirmed
* Minimum charge of £800 plus VAT for a leasehold sale
** Plus £80 plus VAT for leasehold sale
To be added where appropriate:
Transfer of monies (in all cases)
Our fees for effecting CHAPS transfer of funds (including bank’s charge to us) - £39.00 (inclusive of VAT)
Please call us for a personalised estimate or to discuss your proposed transaction
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties such as Land Registry fees. These we anticipate are as follows:
Land Registry fees for copy documents relating to your title or referred to in your title - £24.00
If you are selling a leasehold property there may be fees payable to a management company or a freeholder or both for providing information about ground rent, service charges, insurance or other matters. We will provide this information as soon as it is known to us. These fees vary from property to property.
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If you require to exchange within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require simultaneous exchange and completion
- If management company or other information is required
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and other factors involved, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the buyer requests lease extension for a leasehold property
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether buyer’s Survey shows up any issues
- Buyer’s Enquiries
A typical transaction will take between 10-14 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity, so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advised based on the information you have provided
- Checking finances are in place for the buyer to fund the purchase
- Obtaining necessary information from management company, landlord or others
- Drafting contracts of sale and any other necessary documents and reviewing these with you
- Sending the contacts of sale to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquires they have
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Completing the sale